Nominate a medical student who has an interest in family medicine and the potential for an academic career to be an STFM Foundation Student Scholar. Scholarship winners receive up to $500 to cover travel expenses to attend the STFM Conference on Medical Student Education, and free conference registration! The conference will be held January 31 to February 3, 2021 in Atlanta, Georgia.
Dedicated Funding for Underrepresented in Medicine Scholarships
- Recipients will be named STFM Foundation Student Scholars and will present their posters at the 2021 STFM Conference on Medical Student Education in Atlanta, Georgia.
- The STFM Foundation will support 15 scholarships of $500 each.
- The student's nominating department will provide travel support up to $500.
- Additional scholarships are available for underrepresented in medicine (URM) students.
- The American Academy of Family Physicians will support one target school student with up to $1,000 in travel and lodging. STFM will provide that student with a free registration to the 2021 Conference on Medical Student Education in Atlanta, Georgia. Target schools are defined as those that don't have a department of family medicine.
Your contributions to the STFM Foundation provide an opportunity for promising medical students to attend the Conference on Medical Student Education.