The STFM Communications Committee will screen the nominations, and the STFM Board of Directors will make the final selections.
The Communications Committee will rank nominees according to their achievements and activities that have:
- supported STFM aims and principles,
- advanced family medicine as a discipline, and
- had national impact on family medicine education.
To nominate an individual for the Lynn & Joan Carmichael STFM Recognition Award, complete nomination form and compile nomination requirements above and send electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15.
- A nominator is an STFM member
- the nominee can be a STFM member or non-member
- Prepare the following:
- A statement from the nominator citing the nominee's accomplishments and activities that warrant consideration for the STFM award
- Up to three additional letters of support from both the nominee's home institution (or agency) and from a regional or nationally placed reference, addressing the nominee's national or regional contribution to family medicine
- Curriculum vitae of the nominee
All nominees will be notified in late December.
Recipients for this award will be honored during STFM's Annual Spring Conference. The award winner will receive travel support up to $2,000, a commemorative award, and a complimentary registration to the STFM Annual Spring Conference.