The yearlong Leadership through Scholarship Fellowship offers training and mentorship for early-career underrepresented in medicine (URM) minority faculty with a focus on developing scholarly writing skills for academic advancement and leadership.
Fellows will benefit from a curriculum tailored for URM faculty and deep mentorship relationships to:
- Develop a personalized leadership & career roadmap
- Learn how to recognize, navigate, and overcome the minority tax
- Create a research question tailored to their specific academic responsibilities and from topics that are important to them
- Identify opportunities for scholarship both within and without their institution
- Write up and submit at least one manuscript with the coaching and co-authorship of faculty and peer mentors
- Develop key scholarship writing skills
- Learn methods for researching a question and analyzing data
- Learn to assess quality of existing literature
- Learn to identify and address the disparities of the minority tax in your own career
- Benefit from coaching on how to write, present, and publish scholarly products
- Receive practical guidance on navigating promotion and tenure opportunities at your institution
- Build a personalized path to academic leadership
Questions about the fellowship or the application process? Contact Emily Walters at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.