The STFM Communications Committee will screen the nominations, and the STFM Board of Directors will make the final selections. Nominations will be rated based on the
- innovativeness of the program or activity,
- sustained impact on home institution, and
- regional/national impact on family medicine education.
A nominator must be an STFM member, although nominee may be a member or a nonmember; self-nomination is acceptable.
Prepare the following:
- A statement from the nominator citing the nominee's accomplishments and activities that warrant consideration for the STFM award
- A statement from the nominator citing the program/activity's impact on improving resident, student, or faculty education, and the regional or national significance of the program/activity and the nominee's involvement in the program or activity development,
- Up to an additional three letters of support from individuals familiar with the program or activity, whether participants, graduates, or supervisors
- Appropriate program materials for selection committee review\
Complete the nomination form and compile above materials and send electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15.
All nominees will be notified in late December.
Recipients for this award will be honored during the STFM Annual Conference. A representative of the winning innovative program will receive a commemorative award and a complimentary registration to the STFM Annual Spring Conference.