Giving feedback is a critical part of teaching future family physicians, but giving consistent, quality feedback can sometimes be challenging. This online course will introduce you to the principles of giving quality feedback and then take you to the next level by showing you when to give feedback, where, and what models you can use.
The Giving Feedback course is an online course containing interactive modules, videos, readings, and quizzes. The course will take about 45 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Identify the barriers to giving quality feedback
- Define the elements of quality feedback
- Use the three levels of feedback with learners
- Engage learners in a collaborative feedback process
- Increase the effectiveness of your feedback delivery
- Use proven models to structure your feedback sessions
In order to get the full experience of these courses, we recommended that the courses are viewed on a desktop computer or a laptop. Tablets and other mobile devices are not supported at this time.
How To Begin
Once you have purchased the course, go to your My Account page on stfm.org. Click Online Learning at the top right to begin. The course will be in the Courses section of the online learning center.