With the launch of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) Milestones Project in 2014, residency programs faced new challenges in meeting the needs of their learners and fulfilling accreditation requirements. The assessment paradigm shifted from a checklist-driven system to one that emphasized the role of formative feedback in professional development.
In light of these changes, the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM) assembled a task force of medical educators to create a single resource for information regarding accreditation and resident assessment for family medicine residency programs. The STFM Residency Accreditation Toolkit represents the culmination of these efforts.
The Toolkit is now under the supervision of the STFM Graduate Medical Education Committee and undergoes regular revisions to keep up-to-date with changes in accreditation.
Task Force Members
- Ted Epperly, MD, Family Medicine Residency of Idaho, Boise, Task Force Chair
- Brandy Deffenbacher, MD, University of Colorado Family Medicine Residency
- Timothy Graham, MD, Mount Carmel Family Medicine, Columbus, OH
- Beth Anne Fox, MD, East Tennessee State University Quillen College of Medicine
- Jeff Haney, MD, Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency
- Barbara Joyce, PhD, Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
- Tina Kenyon, ACSW, New Hampshire Dartmouth Family Medicine Residency
- Fred Miser, MD, Ohio State University Medical Center
- Richard Neill, MD, University of Pennsylvania
- Judith Pauwels, MD, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Erika Ringdahl, MD, University of Missouri Family Medicine Residency
- Stan Kozakowski, MD, AAFP Residency Program Solutions Liaison
- Mary Theobald, MBA, Staff Liaison
- Traci Nolte, CAE, Staff Technical Support